Position Details: Principal Engineer, RF and LTE System Test
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer, RF and LTE Testing to work on cutting edge technology with a very talented and dynamic team. The company develops technologies that maximize the utilization of spectrum resources, further advancing the wireless revolution. We are seeking a Test Engineer to configure and conduct post-development test programs for the company’s products and services, including verification, qualification, certification, and customer acceptance.
- Setup, configure, and verify RF and LTE test environments in internal and customer labs.
- Configure the test units, test equipment, plus the settings that are required for testing.
- Develop test scripts for automated test equipment control, data collection, and data processing.
- Conduct test data collection and developing metrics from collected test data to improve test procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to test environments and work with Engineering to modify test environment configurations and test procedures if required.
- Where needed or requested, reconfigure the setup or the test units and set it to meet the new setup requirements.
- Participate in test and demonstration activities at laboratory, government, commercial facilities and ranges.
- Develop and validate automated test environments.
- Develop and present test reports to customer representatives.
- Minimum of 7 years of lab and field test experience and at least 4 years of LTE field test experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-complexity wireless service provider environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in lab and field testing (test equipment configurations, drive route selection, etc.); and processing and analysis of test data (data integrity analysis, statistical analysis, etc.).
- Solid understanding of RF testing principles with the ability to use and program Waveform Generators, Network Vector Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, etc.
- Solid understanding of 4G LTE network equipment; and LTE protocols for call setup, call flow, and call management.
- Experience in developing and documenting detailed test plans and procedures based on an established design and requirements.
- Strong software scripting and development skills (e.g., Perl, Python) and post-processing (e.g., Matlab, Excel)
- Experience preparing, planning and performing Government field tests is desired
- BS degree in Electric Engineering or related field required, MS desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, experience with public speaking and customer meetings desired
- US Person required, US Citizen desired
Location: Arlington, VA
Travel: Ability to travel up to 50%