Position Details: Senior DevOps Engineer
|San Jose, CA / Boston, MA / Arlington, VA
Federated Wireless (FW), a company developing cutting edge wireless network and application services technology, is seeking a senior DevOps engineer to design, implement, and test FW's Integration and Service Delivery Pipeline. The developer is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain the assigned projects in all phases of the agile development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components and then follow through with the coding, testing and integration of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Designs, develops, tests, and documents cloud based Integration and Deployment services
- Implements configuration management for Operating systems, Virtual Machines, Containers, Application services, Applications, and Databases.
- Creates automated integration tests + stress/load tests, and tracks found bugs.
- Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
- Creates technical proposals and white papers, write functional and design specifications
- Measure compliance against standards
Experience in the following areas are required
- Experience managing Jenkins and creating work flows for service release.This includes setting up automatic: code pulls from Git, building the code, packaging it (into OS packages and/or containers), deploying the packages to test systems, starting automated tests, and reporting results via dashboards).
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and consuming Ansible modules to control of thousands of hosts. Experience automating management of OS, Virtual Machines, Containers, Databases, and Application services.
- API+UI automated load testing via a tool such as: Grinder, Gatling, Tsung, or JMeter
- API+UI automated functionality testing via a tools such as RedwoodHQ and Selenium.
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end monitoring and auto scaling (including setting up NOC dashboards and alerting).
- Git source code control
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years previous professional experience with devops technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
Experience in the following areas are desired
- MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- RESTful server and client implementations
- Interest in wireless communication technologies
- Boston, MA, Arlington, VA or San Jose, CA
Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.