Position Details: Senior Cloud Security Engineer
|San Jose, CA/ Boston, MA/ Arlington, VA
Federated Wireless (FW), a company developing cutting edge wireless network and application services technology, is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to monitor and proactively manage the security of FW’s network and application services. The engineer is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain security management technologies in all phases of an agile service development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components and then follow through with the integration, and testing of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Designs, integrations, and tests a suite of tools for security management of multitenant private and public cloud application services.
- Recommends configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of cyber analysis tools.
- Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
- Creates technical proposals and white papers, write functional and design specifications
- Measure compliance against standards
Experience in the following areas is required
- Experience with security management of cloud based services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience architecting, and deploying and managing a suite of security management tools, including tools for: IDS/IPS (host and network based), WAF, SIEM, log management, DDOS protection, Pen-testing, vulnerability management, automated code analysis, anti-malware, packet capture/analysis.
- Hands-on experience with security management of virtual networks, virtual machines, kernels, containers, and applications.
- Significant experience with automation and dev-ops technologies (such as puppet, chef, ansible, etc)
- Experience with Git source code control
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of public key cryptography, web services SSO strategies, CVSS scoring
- Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
Experience in the following area is desired
- Experience with test driven development and participating in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- San Jose, CA, Arlington, VA or Boston, MA
Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company