Position Details: Federal Retirement and Benefits Specialist
Our client is seeking resumes from qualified candidates to fill an immediate opening to provide Federal Retirement & Benefits support services to a federal client. Provide general benefits information on plan options available to employees, processing benefit enrollment forms and other standard transactions, researching and preparing retirement calculations/estimates for review by SEC personnel, and other general benefits/employee services which work will be reviewed by SEC personnel. The Specialist’s work activities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling and providing general information to employees on standard benefit programs options such as early out/buy out programs (i.e., VERA/VSIP); utilizing the agency’s payroll and personnel system to provide employees with data such as time until retirement, current cumulative retirement amounts, how retirement systems (i.e., FERS/CSRS) work; and how VERA/VSIP affects retirement potential annuities and benefits.
- Gathering and processing program documents which may include VERA/VSIP applications; retirement actions, incentive actions, and other personnel actions. All processing by Specialist that may involve a commitment of government funds or determination of an employee’s rights shall be reviewed by SEC personnel before being finalized.
- The Specialist shall be expected to have expert knowledge of the VERA/VSIP programs for FERS/CSRS, expert knowledge of the Federal Employees Health Benefit (FEHB) program, ability to conduct one-on-one and group information sessions on benefit and retirement program options, and possess expert knowledge and ability to process retirement and/or incentive documents.
- The Specialist shall have experience with federal human resources terminology, regulations, operations, procedures, requirements, and practices. The Specialist shall have knowledge of Department of Interior’s Federal Personnel Pay System (FPPS), Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), and the Web-based GRB Assist System.
- The Specialist shall work with other staff within OHR and the SEC’s program offices as necessary to assess requirements, provide status updates, and follow through on deadlines. The Specialist shall have excellent oral communication skills. Specialist personnel need current HSPD-12
Specialist clearance to access the building and systems.