Senior UI/API Engineer
Federated Wireless (FW), a company developing cutting edge wireless network and application services technology, is seeking a full-stack software engineer to design, implement, and test FW's cloud-based API and UI. The developer is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain the assigned projects in all phases of the agile development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components and then follow through with the coding, testing and integration of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast paced agile environment are highly desired.
* Designs, develops, tests, and documents cloud based RESTful API and UI services
* Implements advanced queries for MongoDB and PostgreSQL
* Configures automated system integration through CI/CD.
* Creates automated unit tests, integration tests, stress/load tests, and tracks found bugs.
* Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
* Creates technical proposals and white papers, write functional and design specifications
* Measure compliance against standards
Experience in the following areas are required
* JSON and MongoDB
* RESTful server and client implementations
* Linux OS, Virtual Machines, and Containers
* IaaS, and PaaS cloud services.
* Git source code control
* Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* 3+ years previous professional experience
* BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
Experiences in the following areas are desired
* Gulp, Jade, Stylus, Polymer
* Google Maps APIs
* Avid follower of current UI/API technologies
* Interest in wireless communication technologies
* Arlington, VA
* Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.