|Location:||San Jose/Northern CA/Boston, Massachusetts|
Principle SDN Architect/Engineer
Federated Wireless (FW), a company developing cutting edge wireless network and application services technology, is seeking a SDN engineer to design, implement, and test FW's virtual networking strategy. The engineer is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain virtual networking services in all phases of an agile service development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components and then follow through with the coding, testing and integration of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast paced agile environment are highly desired.
* Designs, develops, tests, and documents private and public cloud network components.
* Implements service insertion via container-based micro services.
* Creates automated network stress/load tests, and tracks found bugs.
* Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
* Creates technical proposals and white papers, write functional and design specifications
* Measure compliance against standards
Experience in the following areas are required
* 7+ years of software and networking design, development, & deployment experience
* Experience architecting, and implementing distributed network management with OVS via an open source SDN control plane such as ONOS, Opendaylight, RYU, etc.
* Hands-on experience designing, implementing and consuming container-based network services.
* L2 virtualization experience with VXLAN, 802.1q, and q-in-q
* L2/L3 tunneling experience with SSL-VPN, IPsec, and DMVPN
* L2-L7 network security experience, including experience working with technologies such as: Network based IDS/IPS, virtual switch flow capture/monitoring, and malware filtering SMTP and HTTP proxies
* Implementation of Cloud Based IaaS, and PaaS services.
* Git source code control
* Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
Experiences in the following areas are desired
* Understanding of various 3GPP (preferably LTE) & IEEE wireless architectures desirable
* RESTful server and client implementations
Locations: San Jose, CA or Boston, MA