Position Details: Senior Principal Engineer, Federal Research and Development
Senior Principal Engineer, Federal Research and Development
Federated Wireless develops technologies that maximize the utilization of spectrum resources, further advancing the wireless revolution. We are seeking an experienced research engineer to serve as principle investigator for emerging wireless research and development projects that blend the federal and commercial wireless technologies. Focus areas include innovative RF spectrum sharing methodologies and an advanced communication systems. The Senior Principal Engineer will develop innovative proposals as part of the business development function and convert concepts into engineering requirements and system documentation. The desired candidate will have broad technical knowledge of commercial and military communication system technologies and a proven track record of technical innovation and leadership. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer and has high visibility with customers.
- Develop wireless communications research concepts and written proposals as overall principle investigator for the research effort.
- Ability to create new ideas and prototype solutions where none exist
- Responsible for the systems architecture and design related to proposed research effort.
- Engage with external research and development customers and Standard community (when needed) as lead technical interface to clients and partners
- Interact with internal engineering staff and software development team to convert the R&D project plan into an internal statement of work and deliverables
- 10 years of related experience as a Research Scientist or RF Systems Engineer in either military or federal communications research
- Broad technical knowledge encompassing communications systems theory, network protocols, coding, transmission, wireless systems engineering, propagation and channel modeling
- Strong analytical skills and extensive experience in defining and developing simulation in MATLAB, C++, etc.
- General knowledge of spectrum sharing, the workings of spectrum allocation, and spectrum management process within federal agencies. Experience with specifying and analyzing radio waveforms and radio communications systems
- Familiarity with scheduling, budgeting, and resource planning for research projects
- Accomplished with technical papers or research institutions
- Experience with public speaking, organizing, and evangelizing
Education and Other Qualifications
- Ph.D EE preferred, MS EE required
- Security clearance not required
- US citizenship required
Location: Arlington, VA
Travel: Up to 30%