Lead Hardware Engineer
Federated Wireless develops technologies that maximize the utilization of spectrum resources, further advancing the wireless revolution. This individual is an expert on FPGA/ASIC development and verification for complex signal processing and communications designs. The candidate has extensive experience in ASIC/FPGA SoC development (e.g., Zynq, Arria) and high-throughput FPGA/ASIC designs that are integrated with RF transceivers. This individual will lead the FPGA implementation for a spectrum sensing solution, working with system and RF engineers and other hardware engineers to implement and verify the solution in an integrated software defined radio platform. Once the platform is field tested and verified, the candidate will help specify and verify a sensing board design and work on cost-reduction and performance-improving strategies leading to products suitable for volume production.
- 10-15 years comprehensive experience in ASIC/FPGA SoC development
- Extensive experience with creation of implementation architectures for high-throughput digital signal processing (DSP) designs
- Proficient at RTL design, test bench development, verification, and debug, including chip-level verification and automated regressions
- Fluent in Verilog, VHDL, TCL, C, Perl (or Python), and LINUX.
- Good familiarity with wide spectrum of DSP concepts (FFT, LDPC, IIR, filters, etc) and their efficient implementations.
- Strong experience with system-on-chip (SoC) FPGA development tools, Altera (Qsys/Quartus) or Xilinx (Vivado). Both a plus
- Comprehensive experience with FPGA implementation, timing closure, power, and development board-based debug
- Experience with ARM-based SoC FPGAs, e.g., Altera ArriaV SoC or Xilinx Zynq
- Experience developing ARM-based FPGA driver and debug code in C.
- Experience with selection and use of FPGA vendor IP (PLL, DDR3, DMA, etc.), and common FPGA interfaces (FMC, HSMC, SPI, I2C, JESD204B, etc.).
- Strong oral/written communication skills required.
Education and Other Qualifications
Location: Boston, MA
Travel: Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.