Position Details: Project Manager
Federated Wireless is an early stage start up that develops technologies that will maximize the utilization of spectrum resources, revolutionizing the wireless industry. We are going through significant growth, and seeking an Agile Project Manager who will lead the successful delivery of Federated Wireless’ products and services. In this role the Project Manager will define, establish and follow established project management standards. Successful candidates will develop and lead project management capability and methodologies within the company. The candidate will manage all projects from an Agile perspective integrating members from all affected business areas into a cross-functional team to optimize feature development and delivery. The role will be responsible for building a cohesive, high performing project team and own accountability for successful execution of assigned projects.
- Creator and Owner of the master project schedule.
- Function as Project Manager in our SAS and software development and deployment process.
- Work closely with field-testers, engineering and product leads lead to ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex projects.
- Work in concert with marketing & Product in support and coordination of product trials and launch.
- Interact with and motivate talented engineering teams across multiple locations, harness their high energy to deliver top quality products.
- Oversee a specific product release from planning to delivery to support Coordinate beta programs and conduct release retrospectives.
- Inform/present to key stakeholders on progress, risks and issues.
- Evaluate and document project scope, risks, contingency plans, and resource needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of agile development.
- Familiar with a variety of the wireless telecommunication field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using agile methodologies including 6+ years of experience, PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Demonstrated ability to interface and liaise between technical and non-technical audiences. Experience working directly with engineers and test members, as well as presenting to executive management.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience with tracking multiple project schedules and dependencies.
- Practical experience with tools such as; SharePoint, JIRA, and Microsoft office.
- B.S. degree in a technical field. M.S. degree or equivalent experience is a plus.
Location: Arlington, VA