Position Details: Accounting Manager
Our client, located in Beltsville, MD, is actively seeking a qualified Accounting Manager for an immediate opportunity. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the construction industry, government contracting experience, and proficient with Timberline software. Candidate must have ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Clearance.
Summary: Responsible for providing a system for the company to maintain its financial records in compliance with all federal, state, local and professional requirements by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains accounting systems for the company in maintaining books of accounts and related materials, as well as handling day to day financial matters.
- Reconciles the company's bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares all financial reports, with a multitude of accounting computer programs, as required to comply with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Maintains records for subsidiary ledgers.
- Performs all daily and monthly duties related to cash balance, general ledger and month closing.
- Compiles, verifies and reports payroll information to payroll processing service.
- Performs all clerical and computer duties of billing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Plans, schedules and distributes incoming work to appropriate individuals.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination and review of direct staff.
- Provides guidance and direction to accounting staff to assist them in their professional development.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Bank Reconciliation
- General Ledger
- Bachelors Degree. Prior supervisory and advanced accounting experience required.
- Construction and Government Contracting experience Preferred. Timberline experience helpful.