Description:We are currently looking for a Software Engineer/ Developer for a position in Columbia, MD. This position is with a fast paced, rapidly growing company that utilizes cutting edge technology and looking for someone who enjoys a dynamic and high tech environment.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of the company’s core technologies. Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable in major Internet technologies and relational databases, comfortable working with and/or learning multiple programming languages, and comfortable in a fast paced startup environment. You must have a passion for solving problems while delivering large, highly scalable, highly performant systems that customers use on a daily basis.
The Software Engineer role provides an opportunity to build upon existing experiences and gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies. You will have the ability to learn and use exciting technologies in use across the Internet by companies such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
These technologies include:
● Big data and NoSQL technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, and Continuuity
● Protocols including thrift and protocol buffers
● Traditional databases and data related tools such as MySQL and Pentaho
● In house tools and code bases that collect, process, and act upon terabytes of data on a daily basis in both real time and batch modes.
Day to Day Responsibilities
● Work with both technology and business team members to define and refine requirements in an agile development environment.
● Communicate and collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals.
● Improve existing products and features and implement new features requested by customers.
● Work with the team to improve the scalability and performance of the existing products.
● Prepare all necessary system documentation to facilitate QA and release processes.
● Utilize sound engineering practices to deliver functional, stable, and scalable technology.
● Work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment, with a talented, diverse, and forward-thinking team.
● 3+ years development experience, Java language preferred
● Ability to write complex SQL queries
● Ability to decompose complex problems to create simple solutions
● Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently, as well as a part of a high-performing team
● Experience working with source control systems
Experience with any of the following items is a plus:
● REST-based Web Services
● Highly performant, large scale systems
● Continuous Integration / Deployment