Position Details: Technical Targeting Developer
Technical Targeting Developer
Seeking a Technical Targeting Developer. This is a full-time position in the Washington DC Metro area.
Work Environment & Responsibilities: All personnel must be flexible and adaptable to time-sensitive challenges; be capable of performing in a high stress, high operational temp environment; have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; effective briefing skills; and be highly proficient with basic Government computer applications (Microsoft Office, MiRC, ArcGIS, Google Earth, Analyst Notebook, etc.) Personnel may be required to work in DTAAC and ODTAAC locations and with non-standard work hours.
- Must hold current DoD TS clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Comp Sci or related field (ex. Statistics, Math, Eng.)
- COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- 5+ years of experience
- Well established experience providing direct support to the F3EA targeting efforts
- Experience in DNI SIGINT targeting analysis and familiarity with all intelligence disciplines (GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT) and an expert level understanding of the data and tools associated with these disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of monitoring and developing targets across multiple communications technologies mediums including DNI and DNR
- Strong working knowledge of communications architectures and protocols such as TCP/IP, GSM, CDMA, LTB, GPRS, and 802.11
- Demonstrated expertise in current SIGINT software applications and NSA databases associated with network analysis and target development
- Working experience with building analytics for complex discovery and the identification of new collection opportunities
- Broad understating of techniques to evaluate information for signs of communications changes and identifying alternate means of communication
- Software development experience working independently, in pairs, and as part of a team
- Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
- Experience with multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Broad experience with analytic algorithm design and implementation
- Demonstrated expertise in Extract, transform, load (ETL) processes; including document parsing techniques
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar
- Experience providing direct support within Intelligence Communities
- Current DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Sci or related field (ex. Statistics, Math, Eng.)
- 9+ years of experience
- Direct experience providing support to Special Operations elements
- Recent experience working in Cyber targeting
- Experience utilizing Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and hBase
- Demonstrated expertise in processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale).
- Experience with multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, Elastic Search, etc... for the purposes of conducting big data analytics
- Experienced developing software in the GlS context and be comfortable with associated standards including but not limited to ESRI Development Environment, Python Scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of container solutions such as Docker and their configuration and implementation best practices
- Working knowledge of machine learning/data mining/knowledge discovery
- Familiarity with mobile OS & app languages such as HTML5, Android, IOS/Swift/C Object/C#, etc.
- Expertise having supported sensor testing and evaluation
- Expertise with graphical user interface and data visualization tools and protocols such as HTML 4, CSS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Familiarity with model based data retrieval systems such as JEMA
- Experiencing utilizing data transfer and cross domain systems such as NIFI
- Knowledge of text processing: natural language processing (NLP), named entity recognition (NER), entity retrieval (e.g. SOLR/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Achieved applicable certifications such as those associated with Agile Development or ITIL
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: Consistent with market and candidate experience
- Benefits: Standard Health, Vision, 401(k), Life and Disability Insurance program