Position Details: Agile Software Developer
Seeking Agile Developers in all phases of application programming and software development life cycle activities within the Intelligence Community. This is a full-time position in the Washington DC Metro area subject to a pending contract award.
Design and development of software, writer within the multi-disciplinary Agile Development team and as an integral member of the organization's analytic teams. The developer is the primary code writer within the multi-disciplinary Agile Development team and an integral member of the organization's analytic teams. The developer will interact with personnel internal and external to the organization to receive and validate requirements understand user issues and needs design solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. The Developer will prepare design specifications, conceptual diagrams, process flows, data models, prototypes, user interface designs, use cases, screen layouts, test plans, deployment plans, system documentation, and occasionally user documentation and product demonstrations. As part of the development team will support the full software life cycle, to include stage solutions, provide updates and fixes. Additionally, provide desk side and group training sessions and assistance to help non-technologists learn new technologies, tools and skills
- 5+ years of Agile software development experience in a DevOps environment supporting F3EA targeting efforts or Special Operations elements.
- Proficiency in three of more of the following program languages C#, Java, .Net, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar
- Experience with advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle, (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-
- Experience with multiple operating systems including UNIX, Linus, and Windows
- Experience working with various intelligence disciplines as GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT(T-SQL)
- Working with multi-treaded, big data, distributive cloud architecture such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark and Elastic Search for the purposes of conducting big data analytics.
- Experience Providing direct support within the intelligence community
- BA/S in Computer Science or related field
- COMPTIA Security + or CISSP Certification
- Must hold current DoD Top Secret - SCI clearance
- Expertise with graphic user interface and data visitation tools such as HTML 4, CSS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Knowledge of text processing such as national language processing (NLP), named entity recognition (NER), entry retrieval (e.g. SOLR/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Working knowledge of machine learning/data mining/knowledge discovery
- Familiarity with mobile OS & app languages such as HTMLS, Android, IOS/Swift/C Object/C#, etc.
- Agile Development or ITIL certifications a plus
- MA/S-Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field a plus
- 9 or more years of required experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: Consistent with market and candidate experience
- Benefits: Standard Health, Vision, 401(k), Life and Disability Insurance programs